Home


A genetically modified organism (GMO) or genetically engineered organism (GEO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. These techniques are generally known as recombinant DNA technology. With recombinant DNA technology, DNA molecules from different sources are combined in vitro into one molecule to create a new gene. This DNA is then transferred into an organism and causes the expression of modified or novel traits.

Genetically modified (GM) foods are foods produced from GMO that have had their DNA altered through genetic engineering. GM foods were first put on the market in the early 1990s. The most common modified foods are derived from plants: soybean, corn, canola cotton seed oil and wheat.


2008-07-25

Natural Skin Care Products - Will Your Skin Benefit?  

I did my research and feel that natural skin care products organic skin-care products or aromatherapy products - whatever you want to call do provide significant benefits for your skin. I found that some astonishing facts about what was in the skin care products I have tested and currently converted to a natural skin-care regime. Why do I have my options? Well, slightly more than two years ago I turned 50. The shock was not how old I was, but, as my skin had suddenly began to lose their elasticity and the ageing had hold.

This could not happen, as I have always had a young phenomenon with many friends, I say only about 35 saw. Were they to say? I had noticed that a compliment was not my way in some time, so I decided to my lifestyle to adapt and renew not only my strength, but perhaps what was in my body and my skin.

Firstly, I decided for a healthy and balanced diet lost a little of the excess weight I would seem to build up too much eating and drinking with friends. I began to exercise - it really the blood rush to my facial tissues! Next I took a good look at the products I was with my skin. Previously, I had many off-the-shelf products, ranging from moderately priced to expensive brands. I had never tried natural skin care products . I began research on all natural skin care and found some alarming findings about the harmful chemical substances used in many skin care creams and potions I had. Run a search on chemicals used in skin care and you learn some shocking facts, you should convert to natural products for ever!

My own research was a life-changing career when I discovered the many wonderful benefits of natural skin care and potent and great vitality to be found in organic skin-care products Due to the concentrated effect that the organic ingredients. It prompted me to create my own range of natural skin-care products, which I have mentioned in essence Me Australia. Today, I write articles about natural skin care - would have thought it? The one thing, but it confuses me most at that time was how to decipher the skin care ingredients on the packaging or be claimed for products? Some of these names are very complex, but what they mean. Well, chemical ingredients lists are extensive, so I'll leave this to you to do a search list and find out about all the harmful chemicals in the skin care as I have already mentioned, but also for the natural ingredients , Are beneficial - here's an overview:

A natural compound found naturally in the skin of the fish (especially wild salmon) is called DMAE or Dimethylaminoethanol . It is primarily known for its excellent support for collagen in the outermost layers of the skin. DMAE Dimethylaminoethanol or helps to streamline the skin, the skin a firmer reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

Next we have a natural acid, Alpha Lipoic acid , this is a very potent antioxidants, free Radical eliminated. Free radicals are one of the most important factors for the aging of the skin and the distribution of skin elasticity. You can actually Alpha Lipoic acid internally as a skin add to or advertise externally. This wonderful natural acidity dramatically improves the skin's appearance very quickly and visible results are obvious within weeks.

How many times have you heard that vitamin C is good for you? Now it is ideal for the skin - that is secure. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and has proved itself to the production and synthesis of collagen. In the skin care also protects the skin from sun damage and even reverse the damaging effects of the sun on the skin. This does not mean that a sun protection products may be abandoned, but products that contain vitamin C, are actually more likely to be able to neutralize free radicals. Vitamin C can be in any kind of skin care product.

Lastly in my article I would like to mention b> Retinol (a natural form of vitamin A) . Retinol is excellent in the skin care products are designed to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin. It is especially effective on sensitive skin, because they do not cause redness or peeling.

Essential oils - so many that it is fantastic for the skin. Natural oils used as a base in skin care should be cold pressed. The most positive vegetable oils (such as rosehip, evening primrose and borage oils) are polyunsaturated, which means that they oxidize and become rancid fairly quickly (about 6 months), so that some natural products actually use synthetic preservatives and a natural preservative, for example, could wheatgerm Some oil, natural

common "safe" ingredients, you can see are: Aloe Vera, purified water, cold-pressed oils such as jojoba, safflower, sae almonds, olive oil and so on, herbal extracts, non-GM lecithin , Calendula, essential oils of various types, cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax, clay, D-Panthenol and of course the other ingredients mentioned above to call few.

Finally we recommend that you avoid skin care products, which contain the following information: mineral oils, petrolatum, propylene glycol, Parabens, phthalates, SLS and SLES.

I invite you, and I encourage you take a look at something you put in your body and your skin. Also see my own site for
href="http://www.essentially.com.au">Natural Skin Care Products | Organic Skin Care Products
.

 

Annie Weatherburn of Essentially Me Australia

Annie has a Diploma in Aromatherapy and Herbal Medicine and is committed to creating natural skin care products that regenerate, renew and repair skin of all types and conditions.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Annie_Weatherburn

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories